Guam Memorial Hospital Authority provides comprehensive, quality inpatient care and outpatient services for adults and children. Services include acute adult and pediatric medical care; 24-hour emergency services; surgical services; obstetrics, labor/delivery and nursery; critical and intensive care (neonatal, pediatric and adult); skilled nursing care; laboratory and blood bank services; inpatient pharmacy services; telemetry and progressive care; radiology, angiography, and CT scan diagnostic services; respiratory care; catheterization laboratory; inpatient and outpatient renal dialysis; cardiac rehabilitation, physical, occupational and recreational therapy, speech pathology; dietetic services; patient education and medical library; social services; and pastoral care services.
Emergency Department: The Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day by qualified physicians and nursing staff for those who come to GMHA seeking emergency medical care.
Intensive/Critical Care Unit: The Intensive/Critical Care Unit provides continuous monitoring and comprehensive nursing care for heart attack patients, critical medical and surgical patients and those needing ventilator support. A Neonatal ICU and Pediatric ICU also provide comprehensive care for newborns and children.
Skilled Nursing Unit: The GMHA Skilled Nursing Unit (SNU), located in Barrigada Heights, provides patients with long-term rehabilitative care. The SNU is Medicare certified for 40 beds. The Unit is staffed with a Medical Director, Unit Coordinator, Social Services, Dietary, Rehabilitation, Facilities, Environmental and Security Staff.
Radiology Services: The Radiology Department performs standard X-rays, angiography, fluoroscopy, biopsies, ultrasounds, and interventional procedures. CAT scans are performed with our state-of-the-art 64-slice CT machine. All images may be digitally transmitted to any major medical institution anywhere in the world for consultation with medical specialists.
Special Services: The Special Services Department provides stress testing, EKGs, echocardiograms, neurology, cardiology and orthopedic consultations.
Guest Relations Services: Patient advocates are available at GMHA and meet with patients for a variety of reasons. They evaluate satisfaction levels with hospital services and inform patients of their rights. Hospital policies and services are also explained to patients as well as their right to make end-of-life care decisions through the use of an Advance Directive (Living Will). As patient advocates, the staff also investigates grievances and complaints.
Speech Pathology to include:
- Inpatient/Outpatient adult and pediatric modified barium swallow studies
- Acute/inpatient bedside speech/swallow evaluations
- Outpatient speech/swallow evaluations/therapy
- Outpatient voice therapy
- Outpatient language therapy
Cardiac Rehabilitation to include:
- EKG monitoring
- Portable heart rate monitoring
- Blood pressure and pulse oximetry monitoring
- Exercise monitoring with treadmills, stationary cycles, recumbent stepper, arm ergometers, and weights/total gym
- Individualized cardiovascular strength-building program with risk factor modification education
- Medication management assistance
- Nutrition and lifestyle management
Physical Therapy to include:
- Wound management
- Gait / ambulation training
- Stair training
- Transfer training
- Modalities—electrical, thermal, therapeutic ultrasound, cryotherapy
- Strengthening, Exercise, Range of motion, Stretching
- Balance / gross motor training
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
Occupational Therapy to include:
- Functional Evaluation
- Wheelchair Evaluation for adult and pediatric populations
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Orthotic fabrication
- Serial casting
- Work conditioning
- Driving screen
- Assistive device prescription
- Adaptive device training